Wednesday 21 November 2007

Sick note

For the 3rd time in 6 months I have found myself not well enough to go to work. This is very out of character and I used to pride myself on having the constitution of an ox. No longer the case by the feel of things.

I managed to get home last night (although I'm not sure how) and went straight to bed for sleep and recovery. Woke up about 10pm and was very very sick... Felt immediately better and went out clubbing.

Not.

Now, I am tempted to blame all these episodes of sickness on our friends at FGW. Their infection incubation machines (also known as carriages) must surely contribute to commuter malady.. Here are some of the criteria needed to spread infection:

  • Overcrowding
  • Hermetically sealed environment
  • No fresh air
  • Filtered windows to prevent sunlight
  • Over-heating

All of these perfectly describe an FGW train. I feel ill just talking about it.

Sadly I can't blame this on FGW as I suspect the Cumberland Sausage I had at lunch was to blame. I checked with one of my colleagues and he reported similar effects.

No comments: