Monday 25 June 2007

The train wasn't the problem

Today, as we all know, has been a day of rain. Lovely. I was woken several times in the night by the sound of it lashing down in a manner reminiscent of a cow urinating lavishly and copiously.

So when I woke up at 6ish to get ready I made the decision to take the 4x4 rather than the clockwork powered Astra which is other option. And I'm glad I did.

I had to drive through 2 major floods on the way to the station. One was being patrolled by a bedraggled copper who really seemed very committed given the circumstances. But please, stay with me.... As I drove through the floods (feeling so much more important than all those people in their little cars) I passed a very new and very expensive BMW, Mercedes, VW etc. all of which had conked out in 3ft of water but their owners (being stupid) had clearly decided that because they spent £40k on their vehicle, it should be able to negotiate a bit of water....

I smiled all the way to the station with the following image in my mind...

Driving past semi-submerged Merc a little bit too quickly (driver still in Merc) and seeing the wash from my 4x4 lapping over his bonnet....
The train ironically was bang on time for once. Maybe it was the right sort of rain. Sat next to VISA man and saw blond bird from the next station (henceforth know as Hermione because I'm never going to speak to her and find out her real name). I ushered her off the train before me. Not even a glimmer of thanks or recognition..... Now that's real commuting. No interaction with your fellow men and definitely no eye contact.

1 comment:

NaiT said...

I once knew someone called Hermione!!