Tuesday 19 June 2007

About this here blog

I have recently started commuting to work on the train. This new activity has brought an exciting variety of new people into my life - or me into theirs. Or maybe neither - we just sit there and observe each other in silence - such is the force of commuter etiquette.

I have decided to record my observations on my fellow passengers - some of these observations will give you an insight into my particular neuroses and issues. Others will just be the absurdity of everyday life mixed with the truly brilliant people who are still out there somewhere.
(For example the Italian lady who runs the shop on platform 4 at Reading station. Never before have I seen someone so happy in their work and who has written in to her own job description "Be so infectiously friendly that even the most jaded commuter will smile).

More soon.

No comments: