Friday 11 January 2008

Strike again FGW

You can imagine my excitement when I heard this week that our dear friends at FGW are going to have a lovely cuddly little strike on 20th and 21st January.

I am planning my work for the affected weekday. I think I shall be working from home (Train man, this is my solution...)


I am somewhat intruiged that the RMT and their members are getting so cross about managers doing some operational work. Surely it makes sense for managers to have an idea of what their staff are doing (along the lines of back to the floor).


What a nonsense it is and doesn't really move towards a world class train service... I do want to be sympathetic but if I tried striking from my job I'd not have a job to go back to.

On another note, here is a picture of some wonderful socks a chap was wearing the other day - fantastic:


Susie of Charlbury, my name is not Lee!

Thanks for the invite to the open meeting. I shall give this some serious thought - it has to be said, David Cameron should be good entertainment and I look forward to the time when he leads this country forward out of the Labour doldrums....... Ooops showing political bias....

TTF

4 comments:

Susie Finch said...

Sorry I got your name wrong! Hope to see you at the meeting on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Red socks, brown shoes and blue trousers...

Where are Trinny and Susannah when you need them?

NaiT said...

Now we know what Father Christmas does for his day job....!! (ref: socks)

Susie Finch said...

Hi Meeting on Friday times have been changed to 18.15 to 19.15 - these are a bit better. If you need directions, please ask.