Thursday 17 January 2008

So there were these women on the train today when i got on - they clearly had been out together for the day in London and had decided to "kick back" on the train with bottle of sparking white and some fruit. Very nice idea if it's you that's doing it.

However, I would like you to imagine 4 middle aged ladies who have all had a few glasses of bubbly and are now conversing excitedly about "some chap they fancy" or "the fellow that my friend was going out with... he was really fit." Happy for these ladies to have the conversation but honestly.... the volume was so much I couldn't hear the announcements - not that I care I suppose.





There was a chap sitting behind me trying to talk to his office - very quietly and then, as the volume rose from the witches of eastwick, he in turn had to get louder. Not relaxing.
I suppose what I found a little difficult is the lack of appreciation from these ladies that they were speaking at a volume known as LOUDER THAN HELL.


I nearly did what the Royal Greenjacket did one day when dealing with a chap who was stressing out and being difficult to be near.. .I quote:

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you. I just wanted to check, are you going to be like this for the entire journey? If so, can you tell me now so that one of us can move - I don't mind who it is but I just need to know now".

Pure brilliance - polite, courteous, even eloquent.

I wish I was more like him.

No comments: