Friday 7 December 2007

Oh what a week

It's been a bit of a nightmare this week. I will get very specific and nasty about something in my next post but this one is dedicated to the shower at First Great Western. I would call them "The Shonks" but that title uniquely belongs to another company that shall remain nameless.... for the moment.

Below is a copy of my email to FGW customer services. You will note my angry tone - try if you will to imagine my tone of voice etc when reading this:


"Further to my email below I have again suffered the same fate on my way home from work:
The 16:53 from Reading was delayed but about 20 mins. I asked platform staff at Reading if they would phone ahead to ask if the connecting train to kingham etc. could be held. This was met with a blank refusal and an admonishment that the connection would never be held this long. Not exactly a world class customer service solution.

I arrived at Oxford and found that in face the connecting train had been cancelled. I then spent another significant period of time enjoying the limited delights of Oxford station (a cup of tea).

The 1821 train arrived (late) and finally delivered me to Kingham station at 7pm ish. I'm sorry that I can't remember the exact time but I was in a rush to get home having wasted my time at Oxford and indeed Reading.

This is the 2nd time this week the train has been seriously disrupted.

However, I feel bound to point out that the train has not been on time ONCE in the last week - either on the way to or the way from work. You can view this a 100% failure of FGW to run a world class train service.

I look forward to hearing from you in terms of both an explanation and a suggestion as to what compensation you will offer.

Best regards"

Note the ironic best regards which really means "I want to hurt you".

TTF

No comments: