Monday 17 September 2007

Famous People on the Train

A few months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Portillo on Paddington station. We had a brief chat which concluded with him asking if I worked for the Security Service.

Most amusing. Jolly nice chap actually.

So today I was at Paddington waiting for my train and I saw Lord Douglas Hurd. Felt compelled to go over and have a chat. Very jolly fellow and we had a nice chat. Apparently he is keeping busy. He go the same train as me and was sat in Standard class.

You will notice that there is a blue tinge to the people I meet. That's 'cos I would kick sand in the face of any labour MP.

TTF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Train Fellow

I would imagine if one was cut in half you would be blue from head to toe, but guess that you should really provide a neutral face to your readers.

To balance things out perhaps you should go and have a chat with Mrs Dunwoody about the trials and tribulations of the Cotswold Line and get her working on putting an 'H bomb'under shambolic Network Rail and Last Worst Western to secure a proper train service instead of the 'toy town' rail service currently 'offered' at exorbitant prices.

PS Chiltern Line is still OK. They must be doing something radical here, as the train I caught this morning arrived at Banbury 5 minutes early, went on to Bicester and arrived 7 minutes early and on to Marylebone on time.After the Cotswold line 'experience'this is all very unnerving with trains being 'slightly early'and having to wait at stations for the designated time to leave!!!!!!!

I can hear you already (saying Ghrrrrrrr!!!!!!)

I have to say I have noticed one or two odd folks, of late, on the train I catch. On one memorable occassion a very thin young lady thoughout one journey in a rather full Friday night train seemed to be vertical pressups whilst sitting in her seat. (by standing up every odd minute and arching her back whilst grimacing profusely); most odd.

Regards

TrainMan

Andy said...

"You will notice that there is a blue tinge to the people I meet. That's 'cos I would kick sand in the face of any labour MP."

...crikey...