Wednesday 26 September 2007

The disciplining of children

Any commuter who catches the 7.18 from Kingham will know that, if they sit in carriages B or C, some very VERY noisy children catch the train from Charlbury to Oxford.

Everyday they make the most incredible racket with no cause or defence. Mostly I turn on my MP3 player and let them get on with it although there has been the odd occasion when I have gone so far as to shoot a very bad look down the train at them and I mentally told them to shut the hell up.

But today was different. I don't know exactly what happened but a fellow walked down the train and, when he reached the nasty horrid noisy children, he said in a loud voice.

"THIS IS A TRAIN NOT A CLIMBING FRAME. SHOW SOME RESPECT".

Instant silence followed. Brilliant.

TTF

No comments: