Thursday 28 August 2008

Back to work with a cold

After 3 weeks off, I steeled myself and went back to work today. It wasn't as bad as I feared although the commute was still punctuated with the usual banal annoucements.




I can now complain about something other than the trains though. I've had to find a new route to the station due to no less than 3 sets of roadworks along my route, all of which involve traffic lights etc.



Some might say I am change-adverse.



I think I may have wasted many hours just worrying about things that really I didn't need to. All made worse by feeling like I had sand clogging my head up and little streams of mucal matter emitting from my nose.

Sometimes lemsip isn't enough. And it's so difficult to get motivated again for the work year. I try to muster it up but really how excited can one get about then telling your clients that they can't have what they want for ages and that, no really we are a proper organisation with some integrity.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Lemsip and whisky work well when you have a cold...

Coem to think of it lemsip and whisky works well for most of life..!!